Where the Falcon Flies: A 3,400 Kilometre Odyssey From My Doorstep to the Arctic by Adam Shoalts

Download Book ➡ Link

Read Book Online ➡ Link

• Where the Falcon Flies: A 3,400 Kilometre Odyssey From My Doorstep to the Arctic
  • Adam Shoalts
  • Page: 368
  • Format: pdf, ePub, mobi, fb2
  • ISBN: 9780735241015
  • Publisher: Penguin Canada

Downloads books for kindle Where the Falcon Flies: A 3,400 Kilometre Odyssey From My Doorstep to the Arctic 9780735241015 in English by Adam Shoalts

Overview

From Canada’s most accomplished adventurer and storyteller comes a gripping journey into the vastness of Canada’s landscape and history. Looking out his porch window one spring morning, Adam Shoalts spotted a majestic peregrine falcon flying across the neighbouring fields near Lake Erie. Each spring, falcons migrate from southernmost Canada to remote arctic mountains. Grabbing his backpack and canoe, Shoalts resolved to follow the falcon’s route north on an astonishing 3,400-kilometre journey to the Arctic. Along the way, he faces a huge variety of challenges and obstacles, including storms on the Great Lakes, finding campsites in the urban wilderness of Toronto and Montreal, avoiding busy commercial freighter traffic, gale force winds, massive hydroelectric dams, bushwhacking without trails, dealing with hunger, multiple bear encounters, and navigating white-water rapids on icy northern rivers far from any help. In his signature style, Shoalts roams as much across space as he does time, winding his way through a stunning diversity of landscapes ranging from lush Carolinian forests to lonely windswept mountains, salty seas to trackless swamps, pristine lakes to glittering mega-cities, as well as the sites of long ago battles, shipwrecks, forgotten forts, and abandoned trading posts. Through his travels, he reveals how interconnected wild places are, from the loneliest depths of the northern wilderness to busy urban parks, and the vital importance of these connections. Where the Falcon Flies invites readers on an extraordinary armchair adventure that spans five ecoregions and centuries of fascinating history, and is a masterwork by one of Canada’s most successful and audacious authors.

E-mail me when people leave their comments –

You need to be a member of Community | American Thoracic Society to add comments!

Activity

Tommy Shelby published an article
2 seconds ago
Nickolas published an article
EL ORO DEL MAR de DANIEL WOLF Descargar eBook gratis ➡ Link Ficha técnicaEL ORO DEL MARDANIEL…
21 seconds ago
Ellen published an article
Commodity Exchanges: Concepts, Tools and Guidelines by Download Book ➡ LinkRead Book Online ➡…
25 seconds ago
Douglas published an article
The Complete Poppy War Trilogy Boxed Set: The Poppy War / The Dragon Republic / The Burning God by…
31 seconds ago
claudebruce246 published an article
33 seconds ago
Adam Smith published an article
33 seconds ago
henry wick published an article
37 seconds ago
Colleen published an article
PLAY LIKE A GIRL de MARINA AMORES Descargar eBook gratis ➡ Link Ficha técnicaPLAY LIKE A GIRLMARINA…
44 seconds ago
vernando Jhono published an article
They Listen 2024 Pelicula completa Ver They Listen 2024 en RePelis Gratis » Estás por Ver They…
56 seconds ago
Ellen published an article
The Labyrinth of Lost and Found by Jordan Lees Download Book ➡ LinkRead Book Online ➡ Link The…
1 minute ago
Dugosuig published an article
Can I cancel my United flight without penalty? #United@Offer (fREE)…
1 minute ago
Nickolas published an article
CIENCIAS COMPUTACION 2º ESO PROYECTO STAR ED 2023 de Descargar eBook gratis ➡ Link Ficha…
1 minute ago
More…